THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Senior Designer/Checker Engineer
As a Tooling Designer / Checker you will be responsible for developing design concepts and producing efficient designs that support Aerospace requirements. You will also be responsible for checking the drawings of other engineers and designers in the department for compliance to department and industry standards as well as constructability.
Responsibilities for a designer include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop tooling concepts and support Tool Engineers in developing drawings.
• Have a working knowledge of material strengths and engineering applications to assure compliance to requirements.
• Interface with design review teams to assure customer satisfaction with design.
• Manage multiple projects at once and create efficient designs to meet the program cost and schedule requirements.
• Have the ability and knowledge to check drawing against department standards.
• Work alongside the Tool Engineer to ensure overall program quality, delivery, and cost objectives are achieved.
• Work with internal Customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs.
• Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements.
• Work closely with Tool Engineers to create final drawings
• Understand design costs and schedules
• Review drawings and designs for manufacturability and completeness.
• Support Continuous Improvement
Responsibilities for a checker include but are not limited to the following:
• Evaluate tool designs for compliance to standards (IPHM, HOPS,), as well as industry dimension and tolerancing standards (ASME Y14.5M-2009).
• Evaluate design to determine manufacturability of tool design including proper dimensioning to produce an acceptable, functional tool.
• Evaluate design for functionality to ensure tool will perform per user request.
• Review design package for completeness.
• Communicate the changes needed in a concise but direct manner.
• Build productive, positive relationships with other team members.
• Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5 years’ experience in Mechanical design.
• Hands on or working knowledge of Machining and/or Fabrication practices.
• Hands on knowledge of ASME Y14.5M-2009, Dimensioning and Tolerance Standard.
• Experience with NX CAD systems
• Lean Manufacturing principals
• Good problem-solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good organization and multi-tasking skills
• Technical attention to detail on past projects and assignments.
Salt Lake City, UT
1 year plus
3837 S 2700 E
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84109