PDS Tech is seeking candidates Structures Assembler positions in Mobile, AL
Responsible for the structural installation of parts and major components in the manufacturing of the aircraft within assigned station area.
- Perform repair work (concessions/discrepancies).
- Positioning and assembly of components.
- Rework of external skin damage of the aircraft.
- Work in compliance with production orders, design documents, concessions and inspection procedures.
- Prepare and solve queries, ensure follow-up and give feedback.
- Examine and sort work orders and drawings.
- Prepare job station for daily activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
This role will require participation in a rotating shift schedule between 1st and 2nd shift in a scheduled rotation.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completed Company Approved Incubator Training for Structures Assembly is strongly preferred or Company Upgrade training
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by the Company after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality trainings
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques.
- 3 years minimum experience as an assembler in Aeronautics in the last five (5) years or Trade School Diploma
- Previous hands-on experience with drilling tools, templates, drilling machines, fasteners, and torqueing tools
- 5+ years minimum experience in Aviation Production
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of station safety, quality (clean as you go/FOD) and OSHA regulations.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Able to enter, generate and retrieve information using a computer (SAP and Excel knowledge required)
- Vision:adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify markings and digital outputs on calibrated tools. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing:able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking:able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation:Able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying:able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg while engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time.
- Heights:able to work at heights of approximately 40 feet on various types of platforms and lifts for various lengths of time
- Lifting:able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling:able to push/pull items in office areas and on shop floor.
- Sitting:able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling:able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing:able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel/Mobility:able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice. Able to work outside hangers in changing locations.
- Walking:able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions