• Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
Administer and coordinate the development of Aerospace technical publications, related data and technical services support. The project is about the creation and revision of the maintenance documentation in S1000D & iSpec2200 standard. The manuals include but not limited to:
• Line Maintenance Manuals
• Fault Isolation Manuals
• Illustrated Parts Catalogues
• Illustrated Tools and Equipment Catalogues
• Engine Manual (EM)
• Engine Illustrated Parts Catalogues (EIPC)
• Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM)
• Component Maintenance Publications (CMP)
• Inspection and Repair Manual (IRM)
• Service Bulletins (SB)
• Service Information Letters (SIL)
• Spare Parts Bulletin (SPB)
The inputs will be Engineering Drawings, Bill of materials (BOMs), Production operation sheets, Technical mark-ups from Engineering, Factory Modification Sheets (FMS), Change Requests, SIL, SBs, TRs, repair procedure and customer specific documents.
The softwares used are R4i S1000D Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Arbortext, Isodraw, NX, Visualizations Mockup and JT2GO.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Administer and coordinate Technical Publications and Document Control groups consistent with the goals and objectives of the Engineering Department.
• Research and review engineering design drawings, engineering orders, and related technical data defining aeroengine modifications and determine their effect on aeroengine technical manuals and publications such as CMM, IPC etc.
• Write/Author technical content in Simplified Technical English based on the engineering inputs.
• Provide written data in S1000D standards using Client specific CSDB and publishing packages for the above technical manuals and.
• Develop, maintain and manage all document control services performed for the client.
• Provide input and suggestions for the continuous improvement of the various Department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with Cyient internal policies and procedures.
• Maintain involvement in day-to-day Cyient operations to ensure that the highest level of technical support is maintained at all times.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. 'US Person' includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• Five (5) years minimum technical publications experience involving aircraft/aeroengine related assignments as a Technical Author, Technical Illustrator or Editor.
• Must possess comprehensive knowledge of technical publications development practices, business environment, the S1000D standards and aircraft technical manuals such as MM, IPC, etc.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office, xml/sgml editors and S1000D platforms. Must have excellent oral, written and organizational skills that are easily applied to administration and supervision.
• Must be able to read, write and understand English.
• Must have the ability to supervise, organize and motivate technical and clerical employees.
• Strong hands-on experience in developing illustrations for Aircraft CMM, AMM, SRM and Service bulletins
• Exposure to Aero Engines, Aero systems & Avionics systems is preferred Familiar and on-hands experience in various Technical publications tools – IsoDraw,
• Familiar with CAD Tools (NX, Catia, etc) and importing product data to generate illustrations
• Sound knowledge of Techpub standards like S1000D, ATA 100, iSpec 2200, ASD-STE 100 and Simplified Technical English.
• Ability to work in environment using Common Source Data Base (CSDB) and tools like R4i CSDB.
• Ability to create intelligent graphics and companion files as per S1000D standards.
• Awareness of various OEM business rules of Airbus and Boeing etc. while working on S1000D projects
• Responsible for the on time delivery and quality of the projects
• Good oral and writing skills, Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
Skills & Experience
Technical author, Technical Illustrator, Technical Publications
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.