PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Project Specialist, in Luling, LA.
• The Mechanical Project Specialist is accountable for assisting Mechanical project engineers in the execution of plant projects.
Decision Making & Problem Solving:
• Broad practical knowledge of project engineering design, procurement, costs, scheduling, and construction.
• Early detection of potential problems and use of sound methods for resolution.
• Demonstrates sound judgment in the scheduling of construction crew mix and size.
• Provide support to engineers in the areas of cost estimating, cost control, and development of project schedules.
• Assist engineers with project design specifications, layouts, feasibility, and constructability.
• Provide strong focus to contractors across crafts on complex projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Previous mechanical maintenance experience in the plant.
• Strong mechanical background and knowledge on different types of rotating and mechanical equipment.
• General knowledge of industry standards and codes.
• Able to read and understand technical drawings and documentation associated with mechanical equipment.
• Able to assist in the development of construction bid packages for on site or external contractors.
• Interface with project engineers and contractors on assigned projects to control/manage project cost and schedule. Assist engineering in reconciling cost deviations.
• Able to develop basic project schedules with tracking ability.
• Manages and executes a portion of large mechanical projects.
• Knowledgeable of the following or similar procedures: ES&H guidelines, Management of Change, Luling’s Bid procedure EP006, Luling’s Safety procedures (especially Hot work, Confined Space, Line Entry, Critical Lift, and Lock out/Tagout) and Monsanto/BayerStandards.
• Knowledgeable of the Contractor ES&H guidelines sections 5.0 & 6.0.
• Monsanto/Bayer CMR Certified
• Able to review mechanical, piping and/or civil structural bids on projects or contracts for credibility.
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Email, Internet, etc.)
• General user of SAP and Microsoft Project
• Proven commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
• Able to multi-task and organize work while balancing competing priorities to deliver business value.
• Excellent communication, time management, and interaction skills.
• Communicates with plant design draftsmen in the execution of project design work.
• Effectively communicates project direction to contractor supervision and across all crafts.
• Establishes credibility and sets policy with contractors to ensure high productivity.
• Establishes proactive relationships with environmental, safety, and health personnel to ensure regulatory/corporate compliance.
Complexity of Assignments:
• Highly motivated and fully self-directed on routine jobs. Quickly identifies issues requiring engineering resolution.
• Provides construction execution support for projects from $200K - $15MM.