Aerospace Design/Material Compliance Engineer, Fort Worth, TX
Design/Material Compliance Engineer, Fort Worth, TX
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
Scope of Work:
• Responsible for completing full material disclosures for purposes of reporting hazardous chemical content to relevant global environmental regulations and customers as necessary
• Refer to the material specification, bill of material and engineering drawings to capture the relevant information (materials, Chemical finish, organic finish, finishing processes etc) to the reporting template (excel/ customer proprietary tool).
• Responsible for aiding in any specific requests from customers for environmental reports or substance declarations as necessary.
• Calculate volume and density of individual parts and assemblies in Catia.
• Create 3d models and assemblies in Catia as required.
• Update process documents as required in word/ customer proprietary tool.
• Read and interpret aircraft engineering drawings.
• Knowledge of product finish process, manufacturing processes.
• Familiarity with REACH regulations and SVHC compliance is a plus.
• Working Knowledge in Catia V4/V5 /V6
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• PC proficiency in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
• Associate Degree in a Technical field preferred or some advanced training in lieu of degree with experience
Years of Experience: 3+ years in engineering Industry. Experience in Aerospace will be a plus.
Citizenship: US Person
Skills & Experience
Catia, Manufacturing Process, Material Content Analysis
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.