PDS Tech is currently seeking a Production Test Technician for our client in Kirkland, WA
The Production Test Technician will test assemble parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications using precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment. This position will carry out their duties with an emphasis on 5s, safety, calibration, and quality while following set procedures and standard operational guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up, as well as performing troubleshooting, rework, and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies.
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot complex assemblies and/or final systems. Use standard test equipment and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment.
- Setup of specialized test equipment
- Use sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating and test data.
- May assist in developing methods and procedures to modify the manufacturing process.
- May work with engineers in conducting experiments.
*High-power electronics and/or high-power avionics technician experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. Total qualifying experience must meet the years, duties, skills, and proficiency required to perform the position level standards.
- Associate degree (AS) in Electronics Technology or related field/ equivalent electronics military schooling and experience required
- Demonstrates competency (typically 1-2 years of direct experience in the essential functions of the position)
- Learning Strategies — Select and use training/instructional methods, processes, and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching
- Problem solving - Identify when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Coordinate with others to resolve the issue
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Others — Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process-related topics.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Electrical/electronic knowledge
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Industrial control software — Control and data acquisition software (ie HiPot)
- Adjust or replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry or electronics components, using hand tools or soldering iron
- Manual dexterity
- Lifting heavy (typically 40 lbs) items
- Near vision
- Color and brightness differentiation - The ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Exposure to high voltage
- Exposure to chemicals
- Exposure to LN2
- Moderate noise environment
- Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment
Hourly range is $23.80 - $27.80. Several job-related and non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience in comparable roles, skill sets, training, education, licensure or certifications, other qualifications, market conditions and business needs influence actual salary offered.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Stay Healthy - Health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, FSA, HSA, as well as voluntary life/AD&D, voluntary critical illness, accident prevention and hospital indemnity
Save for the Future - 401K & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Find Balance - Employee Assistance Program, Hybrid work arrangements for many positions, work/life balance culture
Time for You - Generous Paid Time Off, starting at 120 hours annually, plus 12 Paid Holidays per year