PDS Tech is seeking candidates to fill a Structures Repair Engineer position in Wichita, KS
Daily repair queries management
- Customer facing role, analyzing customer's queries related to structural damages and substantiate the repair query for efficient treatment by relevant internal contributors.
- Provide answers to customers' daily repair queries related to design and documentation in liaison with internal design groups.
- Acting as project manager within to coordinate internal resource as efficiently as possible to align with customer expectations.
- Maintain a strong interaction with the Repair Solutions team in Europe/offshore bases.
- Adhere to the 'Follow the Sun' working principles, and follow the processes in place for the Repair Solutions activity
- Liaise with internal Engineering resources to ensure requested repair definitions and justifications are provided on time with the required level of quality.
- Collaborate and liaise closely with Company to ensure that all repair solutions take into account the availability of parts for each repair.
- Initiate updating of structure repair documentation with the SRM (Structural Repair manual) organization.
- Ensure information flow to and from operators for repair matters.
- Ensure transfer of in-service experience and maintenance activities to management, to other divisions of Customer Services and design organization including vendors.
- Extensive use of the Company Tech Request tool for keeping records of technical queries, answers and exchanges with all involved parties.
- Participate to the Daily Operational Meeting and report any topic that becomes critical or requires escalation.
- Liaise closely with Customer Support directors and the Field service community to ensure alignment on sensitive topics.
- Adhere to agreed internal quality guidelines.
- Identify and follow up on damages related to potentially safety critical items.
On-site assistance and Support to Major Repair activities
- Assist operators on-site for structural damage evaluation or repair work performance, if required.
- Identify subjects that may require a complex repair or modification assistance and ensure a smooth transfer to the Major Repair team for follow-up.
Customer experience enhancement and Repair Solutions marketing
- Organize a monthly review (Webex) with the N.A operator under your responsibility.
- Participate to customer visits and regular business review, and be the Voice of Repair Solutions
- Strengthen the relationship with customers and other US-based business entities for the repair activities, and capitalize on every opportunity to promote the repair Solutions activity to internal and external customers.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and bill of material
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documentation (SRM, SB, IPC...)
- Knowledge of maintenance repair practices, equipment and ways of working is a plus
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to teams and business partners worldwide.
- Ability to present and discuss at Management and Working level within the Company and at Customers in case of reporting / escalation / etc.
- Strong conflict resolution skills in front of Company customer base.
- Proven high motivation and flexibility to work in a highly demanding environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead and work with multidisciplinary teams in various locations
- Autonomous, ability to take initiative.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Present a professional appearance as generally accepted in the business and aerospace environment.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with a diverse international workforce.
- Flexibility to be available on very short notice for travel worldwide.
Unique Position Details:
- Close collaboration with Technical team to ensure a continuous follow up of highly sensitive and financially impacting repairs.
- Support customers occasionally at their home base to address more complex repair issues;
- Specific shift pattern during weekdays and week-end/public holidays coverage
- Answers to customer written queries: about 500 per year
- Repairs files about 200 per year
- Manage technical assistance on-site with the customer: about 1-2 per year
- Week-end coverage, potentially 1 week-end per month
- Yearly travel days: about 10 to 20
Education/ Special qualification:
- Qualified engineer with 5 years experience in an airline/OEM/MRO environment, with knowledge of aircraft structure (design, fatigue, materials...)
- General technical and practical education in Aviation: Bachelor of Science/Engineering (BSc/BEng) degree or equivalent.
- <10 % Domestic and International travel
- Authorized to Work in the U.S.
- Must be comfortable working at computers for extended periods of time
- Must be able to travel independently