PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Quality Inspector position in Mobile, AL
Quality Control Inspectors will be responsible to the Chief Inspector for the performance of all QC Inspections.
Day to Day activities:
- Review incoming aircraft maintenance flight logs for items of work required to be accomplished at the Repair Station.
- Perform primary inspections on the aircraft.
- Procure required forms and work orders, and transfer work to be accomplished to forms.
- Be responsible for the surveillance of all work in progress.
- Accept or reject work accomplished on all items generated by the work order.
- Be responsible for the entries in the aircraft maintenance flight logs, as well as the airworthiness release.
- Inspection methods:
- Check for proper installation, security, safety, and workmanship
- Pressure checks if necessary.
- Check for proper material and fasteners.
- Check for conformance to specifications per repair, maintenance, or other relevant manual or applicable engineering instructions approved by FAA.
- Perform internal and external audits when requested.
- Perform receiving inspection duties when requested.
- An inspection shall be accomplished as required during the progress of work and at completion before the release of aircraft on all items written.
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures.
- Coordinate between various departments to schedule workflow based on available resources.
- Support Component Shop and MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul) tooling design.
Company Policy Compliance:
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Clear communication both oral and written is required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- May be required to travel out of town occasionally.
- Able to make independent decisions with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with subordinates, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Observe safety procedures.
- Regular attendance is required as outlined in company policy.
- Must understand, read and write proficiently in the English language to read and understand appropriate manuals, and technical information necessary to adequately perform duties.
- Must be able to see clearly, within 20/20 vision, with or without corrective lenses.
- Must be able to hear clearly with or without hearing aid devices.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time and reach overhead regularly.
- Must regularly be able to squat, bend, and stand.
- Must be able to climb ladders occasionally.
- Must be able to read and interpret precision measurement equipment.
- The noise level may be loud at times.
- An A&P FAA license is required for this role
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Aviation Quality Control experience required
- Must have three (3) or more years of experience in aircraft maintenance or related field
- MS Office experience preferred.
- Basic data entry or word processing skills required.
- Previous experience on turboprop aircraft is preferred.
- Candidates with Internal Auditing experience are preferred
- Travel may be available (no more than 10%)
- US citizenship is required
Nature of Contacts:
Moderate communication skills required daily with internal and external parties