PDS is seeking a Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
• Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analyses of aircraft primary structure and modifications, updating inspection intervals, and writing FDT reports.
• Stress Analysis on Fuselage, Wing, and Empennage Required
• Full-Scale Fatigue Test Analysis and Investigations Required
• Experience with Patran/Nastran, Abaqus, StressCheck is Required
• Familiarity with FDT Analysis Methods AFGROW and Cracks98 Preferred
• Component Test Requirements and Test Data Correlation Preferred
• Methods Development for Analytical and Fatigue Test Spectrums Preferred • Internal Loads Development Preferred
• Experience with SmarTeam & Catia V5 to support stress analysis and drawing release
• Ability to write and review technical documents and reports environment
1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline