PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Material Handler position at DFW.
Perform a variety of tasks in support of warehouse operations including receiving, stocking, picking, and shipping of material. Display knowledge of warehouse and inventory control procedures.
Prepare or complete all required forms, records, and documents to ensure accountability for all transactions required in order to maintain the integrity of warehouse operations
1. Receiving: 25%
- Receive all vendor purchase orders and ensure number of cartons match the Airway Bill or Bill Of Lading
- Check and receive purchase orders into SAP, bag, and label as necessary and match corresponding goods receipt document to parts.
2. Stocking 25%
- Stock parts using a handheld scanner in accordance with warehouse procedures
3. Picking 25%
- Pick delivery notes in order of priority using a handheld scanner in accordance with warehouse procedure
4. Packing 25%
- Pack shipments both physically and systematically in order of priority in SAP in accordance with warehouse procedures
- Ship material by priority for customer requirements in accordance with warehouse
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years-related warehouse experience, prior SAP experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good customer service skills
- Must be detail-oriented
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Requires use of computer
- SAP experience preferred
- 0% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Examples of decisions to be made in this position are but are not limited to:
- Choosing proper bin location to stock odd/oversize parts
- Choosing proper packaging and shipping materials used when packing/shipping to ensure that no damage occurs during transit
- Prioritizing workload
- Planning workload to maximize efficiency
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This position contributes directly to the compliance of the company by:
- Complying with the FTZ Rules and Regulations
- This position contributes directly to the customer service/satisfaction of the company by:
- Picking and shipping the right parts and quantity of parts ordered by the customer
- Ensuring parts will arrive in good condition
- Providing good internal/external customer service
- Receiving and stocking parts with a high degree of accuracy
- This position has a big influence on the impact to customers for the following reasons:
- Last line of defense before parts are shipped to customer, must have a high degree of accuracy
- Reacting quickly to over the counter and door to door shipments to ensure we can obtain the earliest flight possible
- Providing good customer service to both internal and external customers.
Nature of Contacts:
- internal and external parties
- This position will communicate with the Senior Material Handler, customer service representatives and outside vendors being mainly transportation-related
- Onsite: 100% On-site
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings daily
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms daily.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications daily
- Equipment Able to operate a personal computer, telephone, fax machine, and related equipment. Able to operate warehouse material handling equipment including forklift and cherry picker daily
- Carrying: able to lift and carry material up to 50lbs daily
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull carts and small items up to 50lbs daily.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on a computer.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on the production floor daily
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): This position includes walking and standing most of the time
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by the site and/or customer site