Software Verification Engineer 2
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. 18 months of related Engineering experience. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for the Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position.
• Degree in Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Familiarity with real-time embedded software applications, preferably for airborne electronic systems.
• Experience performing software verification activities for airborne electronic systems preferred (Flight Control Systems or Avionics for example).
• Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink.
• Experience performing Hardware in the Loop testing, including unit testing (test bench) and in a lab integrated with peripheral systems and real-time simulations.
• Basic understanding of C/C++ or an equivalent programming language.
• Familiarity with DO-178C and DO-331 preferred.
• Capable of working with Version Control Systems (SVN, git, or equivalent).
• Experience writing software requirements.
• Experience authoring requirements-based test procedures.
• Working knowledge of the principles of control science and theory.
• Ability to read and understand functional block diagrams.
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.