PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Material Handler, in Charlotte, NC.
- Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility. Utilizes hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from aircraft, trucks or trains and within the storage facility.
- May require a high school diploma with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
• “Computer skills - update an excel sheet, read/send emails (things go on and off hold),
• Trained in Hazardous Goods (make sure to put the proper label on the boxes so we avoid fines) * This is where the company will receive fines when we make mistakes *
• Meticulous/reliable - (no job hoppers) we spend a lot of time training so we need to see longevity
• Recent High School Graduates with computer skills are definitely encouraged
• Letter of Recommendations
• Well prepared resume without typing errors (to show how they prepare work)
• Team is willing to train if they can exemplify dependability and basic computer skills.”
• Lifting will exceed 30 Lbs. and/or repetitions of this or lesser weights will be significant.
• Exposure to substantial machine, chemical, biological or other physical risks are anticipated.