PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Engineer Radio Frequency Microwave Design, in Baltimore, MD.
- The qualified candidate will work with a diverse and talented team of engineers developing innovative and cost-effective systems that support a broad range of products and business areas across the lifecycle of a program. Applicants should be able to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts while contributing to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Responsibilities may include development of antenna architectures, receiver/exciter architectures, requirements generation/flow down; subsystem analysis including hardware from RF to digits, performance modeling, support for performance testing, requirements verification, and more. Work will be performed under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Experienced applicants will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or other related technical degree and have experience designing, developing and/or testing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems and/or related RF hardware. Candidates should have the ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious.
In addition, this candidate should have demonstrated technical ability/leadership and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs)
- Highly integrated subsystems including antenna hardware
- Reflectors, Reflect Arrays, Digital Beam Forming
- Antenna/RF Performance Analysis
- Computational Electromagnetics, Statistics
- Antenna or Subsystem Control Design
- Antenna Measurements and Data Reduction
- Antenna range integration, test, and system integration
- Subsystem requirements (hardware and software) derivation, flow-down, and configuration
- Familiarity working with embedded real-time software and digital systems
- Familiarity with firmware development tool suites including Quartus and Vivado
- Comfortable creating test support applications and tools using MATLAB, python, etc
- Experience with agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite, Git
- The Engineering RF Microwave Design positions require the candidates to have the ability to obtain and maintain at least a Secret Clearance per business requirements. An active Secret or higher clearance is a plus!
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 14 years of experience in the areas described in the job description or 12 years of experience with a Master's Degree and/or 9 years of experience with a Ph. D.
- Staff Engineers should have a demonstrated ability in technical and team leadership overseeing engineers with experience at least at the Sr. Principal level.
- Ability to Obtain and Maintain and Active Secret Clearance.