PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Product Design Engineer in Phoenix, AZ.
This position requires an experienced individual to execute the following mechanical analysis tasks:
• Perform professional mechanical engineering assignments such as stress, vibration, heat transfer and life prediction calculations, without appreciable supervision.
• Perform engineering tasks associated with the mechanical design, development, production and field support activities for turbine components such as blades, vanes, disks and wheels.
• Conceive, design and execute complex turbine-related technical projects which involve different mechanical disciplines such heat transfer, stress, vibration and lifing analyses.
• Responsible for working with associated Enterprises to support currently fielded products, assist in defining product improvements and help in conceiving new and innovative concepts to develop turbine components.
• Focuses on mechanical design and analysis efforts on continuous improvement through lessons learned, best practices, and comparative benchmarking.
• Implement 2D and 3D finite element modeling techniques using analytical tools such as ANSYS to perform plastic and elastic stress analyses.
• Use formal knowledge of probabilistic design in design optimization.
• Knowledge and experience applying DFSS methodology in the design and analysis of turbine components.
• Effectively manage complex projects involving multiple organizations to successfully complete all assignments.
• Support engine tests and functional tests for engine certification, RCCA or SRD efforts.
• Support R&O and manufacturing projects to expedite MRB resolutions and repair initiatives by applying product knowledge and analytical skills to preserve design intent.
• Communicate technical results to internal and external customers.
• Develops and implements strategies in support of the Department’s vision and objectives, ultimately supporting the client's vision and objectives.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years experience in the analytical design of gas turbine components, including stress, vibration and heat transfer analysis as well as life prediction.
- Must be able to work on Export Controlled programs.
- Must be dedicated to customer satisfaction and demonstrated the capability to establish and maintain strong business and personal relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Broad experience and technical skills to design turbomachinery and the development and support of turbine components.
- Expert level using ANSYS for mechanical analysis including the creation of finite element models from CAD solid models.
- Knowledge and experience working with CAD software is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of heat transfer including derivation of boundary conditions (heat transfer coefficients, adiabatic wall temperatures, heat generation) and application of thermal boundary conditions to analytical models.
- Effectively work in a self-directed team environment to deliver customers' requirements on time.
- Strong teamwork skills, able to work in a variety of team roles within a cross-functional team.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be a part of and to utilize a teaming approach to resolve complex engineering problems.
- Effective listening skills and flexibility in approach to resolve complex engineering problems.