PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Acoustic Simulation Engineer in Culver City, CA.
• Develop models and perform simulations in COMSOL to help our team design and optimize
acoustic systems and electro-acoustic transducers
• Use good engineering judgment (based on theoretical and practical considerations and best
engineering practices) to apply and adapt model/simulation approaches as needed
• Interpret, summarize, and present simulation results to the Acoustic Engineering team. Assist in
translating the models into practical prototypes whose measured results match simulations
• Expertise in lumped-parameter modeling, FEM, and BEM for acoustic systems and audio transducers using COMSOL
• Able to independently apply and adapt acoustic fundamentals to provide solutions to complex and unique simulation challenges
• Able to summarize and present simulation results, and to convey ideas effectively and clearly
• Insightful understanding of the relationship between acoustic models and their practical application
• Able to clearly explain limitations of an acoustic model and discrepancies between simulation results and corresponding acoustic prototype measurements
• CAD/CAM knowledge/experience
Education & Experience
Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Acoustics or a related field (physics, electrical or mechanical engineering, etc.), but if you’ve followed a different path to expertise in acoustic simulations that’s fine too.