PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Assembly & Test Technician in Lincolnshire, IL.
• Performs standard testing processes on a variety of equipment and records and analyzes results.
• Requires knowledge of industry-specific tests and testing equipment. Inspects, repairs installs, modifies, and maintains electrical/electronic systems, circuits, and equipment.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Must be able to proficiently read, write, speak English to communicate, and follow written instructions and drawings.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
• Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
• Participate in 5-S activities.
• Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to prioritize in response to changing operational conditions.
• Ability to read, and possibly develop, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties.
• Experience handling small delicate components, using ESD practices and prior soldering and wire bonding experience.
• Uses a variety of equipment including but not limited to power supplies, multimeters, lvoltmeters, ohmmeters, ovens, soldering equipment, microscopes and a variety of precision hand tools.
• Repairs or calibrates units, sub-assemblies or components to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
• Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics preferred, Requires an associate's degree or HED and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Exposure to an outdoor environment with PPE is anticipated.
• Lifting is generally in the 5 to 10 Lbs. range with minimal repetitions.