PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Test Engineer - Secret, in Ocean Springs, MS.
- Support shipboard Integration and Test activities associated with Large Deck Amphibious Assault Ships.
- Integration & Test activities are performed during the ship’s construction at Huntington-Ingalls Shipyard in Pascagoula, MS, and will include builder and acceptance trials.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in an array of Integration & Test activities which include, but are not limited to, technical support, equipment installation, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting, and test.
- The candidate will routinely review test procedures, prepare test problem reports and validate system test procedures.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills and will be expected to interface with the shipyard and government personnel to include SUPSHIP and ISEA representatives. Additional activities may entail off-site integration & test efforts involving periods of travel.
• Formal electronics training from an accredited college or military technical training.
• A minimum of 4 years experience with performing organizational/intermediate level maintenance on shipboard or ground-based radar systems. Experience includes, but not limited to the ability to execute performance tests and alignments such as power out, minimum discernable signal, standing wave ratio, RF and IF video alignments, timing, and frequency adjustments.
• Experience with an array of test equipment to include: signal generators, spectrum analyzers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, power meters, and network analyzers.
• Troubleshoot using schematics, military and commercial manuals.
• Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Physically conditioned to lift up to 50lbs, climb ladders, and manage heights using a safety harness.
• Familiarity with power distribution and grounding.
• Can work as a team player while collaborating with others to work toward a common set of goals.
• Secret Clearance required.
• Associates Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
• Knowledge of one or more shipboard systems in the following categories: air search and or air traffic control radars, Identification Friend or Foe, Inertial Navigation and Distribution, Electronic Warfare and weapon systems.
• General knowledge of radar cooling systems, shipboard preventive maintenance procedures, and shipboard man aloft and tagout procedures.
• Experience in military training instruction (preparing course of instruction curriculum, student guides and conducting training on specific electronic systems).
• General knowledge of shipboard power distribution systems, synchro distribution, and navigation inputs.
• General knowledge of networking principles and experience debugging system hardware and external interfaces.
• AutoCAD or similar CAD experience.