PDS Tech is seeking an Instrumentation Technician for an open position in Savannah, GA.
In your role, you will:
- Under general supervision fabricate, install, calibrate, validate, and maintain data acquisition systems in support of Flight Test engineering data collection for aircraft certification and product improvements.
- Perform a variety of duties with general assistance in the electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical fields in Flight Test.
- Duties include: installation, checkout, calibrations, validations, maintenance, and operation of instrumentation and data acquisition systems in support of flight and ground testing for research, development, and certification of aircraft.
- Fabricate and install electrical harnesses and instrumentation components per flight test engineering via drawings, blueprints, and general direction.
- Assist in checkouts, calibrations, and validations of instrumentation installations.
- Assist with data acquisition system equipment and wiring maintenance.
- Assist with the operation of test equipment for data acquisition.
- Perform data system preflight test procedures.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairing all aircraft instrumentation systems and their respective components pertaining to acquisition signal conditioners, recorders, video equipment, telemetry systems and associated wiring.
- Maintain daily logs and other paperwork as required to include aircraft maintenance forms and records.
- Provide technical assistance in other areas of Flight Test as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all areas to include instrumentation shop, hangars, break area and office.
- Attend department safety meetings and demonstrate safe work practice.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree in electronics engineering technology, a related curriculum or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Entry level position - technical degree and 0-1 year experience, or 2 yrs experience in a related technical discipline.
Electrical Background, multimeter knowledge, troubleshooting knowledge,Elevtrical fabrication, familiar with hand tools.