PDS Tech is seeking an Assembly & Test Technician in Lincolnshire, IL.
• Tests and troubleshoot flame and gas detectors.
• Requires knowledge of microprocessor based systems with associated I/O circuitry.
• Uses test equipment such as oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, and PC test utilities to identify defects in equipment.
• Tests new, unreleased product for compliance to requirements.
• Testing new products
• Testing designing changes of existing products
• Testing on customer returns
• Completing Root Cause Analysis
• Completing Wiring- following diagram included in manuals
• Having electronics is key
• Should be able to read schematics
• Will be given a wiring diagram
• Utilizing data acquisition system
• As time May work in a thermal chamber
• Complete Data gathering and will need to record information in Excel and/or Work
• Requires use of basic hand tools used in wiring and mounting product for test.
• Requires an associate's degree in electronics or equivalent work experience. .
• Requires knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. .
• Lifting is generally in the 10 to 15 Lbs. range with minimal repetitions.
• Exposure to machinery, chemical, biological, and physical risks is minimal.
- Requires an Associates Degree or a Certificate from a school in this industry
- Exposure to an outdoor environment with PPE is anticipated.
- Lifting is generally in the 5 to 10 Lbs. range with minimal repetitions.