PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a HR Operations Administrator. This positon could be located in either Herndon, VA or Wichita, KS
The HR Operations Administrator (Contract) is responsible for providing high-level operational support in a fast-paced environment to the Head of Human Resources for North America (HO HR NA) as well as facilitating successful collaboration amongst members of the HR Leadership Team (HRLT) and the Head of HR for the different divisions within the Company. Additionally, this position supports the design and implementation of established HR benchmark products and policies leveraging both internal talent/expertise and bringing in external best practices.
This is expected to be approximately a twenty four (24) month assignment to be evaluated at that time based on business need.
Head of HR North America Support: 40%
- Organize Head of HR North America's workflow and processes by managing the HR team's priorities / objectives and anticipating steps ahead.
- Review corporate communications, identify and recommend actions required.
- Prepare and host monthly HR Virtual All Hands Calls.
- Prepare executive-level communications on behalf of the Head of HR North America.
- Collect and organize input from the HR North America team.
- Track consequential management actions, objectives, Senior Leadership Team weekly topics, etc.
- Ad hoc project support. Key projects related with:
- Talent Management
- HR Risks and Opportunities identification and tracking
- Culture & Values initiatives
- Employee experience
- Ethics & Compliance
- Training Facilitation
Facilitate HR Leadership Team Meetings: 10%
- Prepare agendas, collect / distribute relevant documents and attend appropriate meetings.
- Record accurate minutes and track follow-up action items.
- Create / edit presentations and documents for various presentations and/or discussions.
Support HR Leadership Team: 20%
- Provide members leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities, etc.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the leadership team.
- Anticipate needs from the team and identify opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow.
Assist the Develop team with Culture Evolution and Change Management Topics: 20%
- Facilitate and take notes for employee focus groups
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop interventions to improve employee experience and team culture
- Support regional Employee Engagement Initiative by leading Community Outreach stream
Other duties as assigned: 10%
- Conduct internal /external research on variety of HR related topics to be summarized for HRLT
- Coordinate with HO HR NA assistant as necessary.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or equivalent major is required.
- Master's Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or equivalent major is preferred.
- Prior relevant work/internship experience in a Human Resource and/or corporate function; manufacturing setting; aviation industry or a combination thereof is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Professional demeanor with exceptional commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
- Ability to effectively interface with and inform the HR Leadership Team.
- Ability to effectively engage and partner with divisional leadership.
- Organizational recognition and gravity.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and flexibility; highly adaptable.
- Ability to lead a diverse team to achieve a major business objective.
- Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgement effectively.
- A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Excellent PC skills, specifically Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.)
- 10% Domestic and International, when organizational travel resumes
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- This position requires the ability to work independently and also collaborate as a team member.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This person must be well-organized, a self-starter and able to function with little direction.
- Individual must have the ability to handle confidential information while exercising sound judgement and discretion.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties.
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions.
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment.
- Carrying: able to carry documents and/or electronic equipment up to 20lbs/9kg.
- Lifting: able to lift documents and/or electronic equipment up to 20lbs/9kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.