PDS Tech Inc. is seeking candidates for an Aviation Safety Database Coordinator for a position in Grand Prairie, TX
The Aviation Safety Data Base Coordinator will assist in transferring accident investigation (AI) data files/records from the existing file server to the new server; creating data files, using SmartSheets or similar software package that replaces SharePoint, to package each accident investigation into file structures as defined by the Sr. MGR, Accident Investigation; develop access and read/write privileges and email notifications to key stakeholders within the Company I who participate in accident investigations and litigation. The length of assignment is approximately 12 weeks with an end date of 31 AUG 2021, with an option for up to 8 additional weeks to complete the assignment.
Accident Data Base File Management: 100%
- Transfer existing AI data base records to new server;
- Develop methodology to provide periodic backup of AI records, to ensure record integrity;
- Develop an AI file structure for all existing investigations, currently accessed through SharePoint, using SmartSheets (or other solution provided by MIS); provide the ability to add new investigations into the system;
- Create access rights for key stakeholders within the company, as identified by the Sr. MGR of Accident Investigation, enabling each to access AI records via SmartSheets;
- Develop an email notification system, via SmartSheets, messaging key stakeholders of an accident notification, as created by the Sr. MGR of Accident Investigation, and providing follow-on updates as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate's degree, with two years of studies directed towards software or file management.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in data file management.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Strong working knowledge of SmartSheets or SharePoint, or equivalent.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Requires strong verbal and written communicate skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- 0% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Determine & independently take necessary actions to ensure compliance with transfer of data.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Maintain confidential information; sharing that information with internal customers on a need-to-know basis only
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved Communication on a daily Basis with internal parties only
- Onsite: 100% of time that this position must be worked onsite at the company's location.
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, and reports.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment.
- Carrying: able to carry documents up to 15lbs.
- Lifting: able to lift documents and electronic equipment up to 15lbs.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small boxes and some office equipment.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice. 0%
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site