Are you ready to embark on a career where precision meets productivity?
Join our team as a Package Assembler and become an essential part of our dynamic logistics operation!
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Package Assembler in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
Pay: $21.50 per hour
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Shift: 3rd shift; 11 pm – 7 am
This client is a leading manufacturer of low voltage wire and cable for a full range of voice, video, data, access control, alarm and security, home theatre, sound, and thermostat applications.
This position tests the finished cable product, places the finished product in packaging, labels the material for shipping, and palletizes it. Employees will work around machinery with moving parts, heavy equipment, moving objects, powered industrial trucks, and powered pallet jacks. Plant conditions may have exposure to odors, fumes, metal dust, and plastics.
• Read and understand manufacturing specifications and follow operating standards
• Setup and adjust necessary controls to operate packaging machines
• Run the operation of the packaging machine as it winds the product to a specified length
• Assemble box, pack, label, stamp, and palletize the final product
• Complete testing and quality checks continuously during the process
• Complete daily target for productivity/scrap and required reports
• Maintain continuous attention to safety and follow all Safety Policies and Procedures including but not limited to the Golden rules, safety observation card, cell risk assessment, PPE
• Maintain continuous attention to quality and follow all company Quality Policies and Procedures including but not limited to ISO 9000, UL/ETL/CSA requirements
• Crosstrain, learn and be flexible to work in different areas to fulfill customer demands
• Maintain flexibility when schedules change to meet company priorities
• Proper reporting of inventory and scrap manually or ERP system
• Support operating system including but not limited to continuous improvement activities, 5S (clearing, organization of the work center, housekeeping of the plant), total preventive maintenance
• Identify problems and escalate them to the proper channels. Attend to any mechanical problems promptly as they arise.
• Flexibility and adaptability required, able to execute additional tasks as needed to balance workload between sub-processes and efficiently match customer demand or take time. Must be willing to work in multiple roles as required, leveraging training and expertise to achieve optimal outcomes
• +3 months of working experience in a manufacturing site
• Continuous standing and walking throughout the standard 8-hour shift, plus any overtime required
• Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to push, pull, and lift items of varying weight throughout the shift
• Team collaboration and communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Basic computer skills needed
• Ability to troubleshoot potential mechanical problems
• Ability to work in a warm/humid environment during summer months
• Ability to work in an environment that has continuous excessive noise. Hearing personal protective equipment is required and provided.
• +6 months of previous experience in packaging cables within the previous 2 years
• Training in multiple packaging machines equivalent to company machinery
• Continuous improvement-oriented and results-driven
• Fluent in English
Still not convinced? PDS offers one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to elevate your career! Apply today!
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC