Logistics Center Management ADV
PDS Tech is currently recruiting for a Logistics Center Management role in Charlotte, NC!
Manages entire warehouse operations and oversees performance of all tasks involved in the shipment, requisition, and storage of materials, supplies, and equipment into and from warehouse. May include the coordination of material flow within a manufacturing organization and shipping and receiving.
About this role:
• Responsible for developing short and long-term packaging to ensure operational efficiencies
• Working with vendors to quote, fabricate, & deliver packaging
• Creating & revising standard work to ensure Carrier packaging is being utilized properly, safely, & efficiently
• Creating & revising best practices to ensure the safe handling & longevity of Carrier packaging
• Cross-Functional Role. Works regularly with Carrier production, safety, manufacturing engineering, procurement, and logistics providers
• Partake in Kaizen events to ensure the consideration of safe & effective packaging
• Providing operational leadership at the Carrier dock (plant/warehouse) approximately 1 Saturday every month & a half
• Work environment is challenging, fast paced, but is also rewarding. Daily approach to making a positive difference.
• Taking the lead on projects with cross functional teams to ensure the development & timely delivery of expendable & reusable packaging.
• Perform activities to ensure parts are protected, shipped, and received to the factory and warehouse.
• Ensuring the good condition & repair of packaging.
• Validating the size & condition of packaging fleets.
• Working on long- & short-term packaging initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Packaging/Engineering
• Experience in industrial packaging & operations
• Knowledge of reusable & expendable packaging materials & methods.
• Proficient in a 3D CAD, MS Office, and MS Outlook.
We use Creo. But it’s not a deal breaker if you don’t know Creo & are proficient in another 3D CAD software.
• Proficient with PLM software (we use windchill)
• Experience with strategic sourcing and working with vendors
• Strong time management, analytical, and mathematical skills
• Ability to leverage data & create solutions
• Strong knowledge of supply chain strategy (development and execution)
Comments: We’re looking for someone who’s creatively skilled, skilled with CAD, isn’t afraid to speak their mind, has experience with industrial engineering & fabrication, works well with others, and has strong communication skills.
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC