Environment, Health, and Safety Generalist
PDS Tech Commercial Inc, is seeking an Environment, Health, and Safety Generalist in Goleta, CA.
Job Title: Environment, Health, and Safety Generalist
Job Type: Full time; Consultant (12 months)
Location: Goleta, CA 93117
Schedule: Monday to Friday; 8am - 5pm
Pay Rate: $28.96 per hour
*US Citizenship required*
What is the primary mission of this role?
The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be part of a large Environmental, Health & Safety organization in the role of an Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) generalist.
The selected candidate must be a self-starter, energetic and able to work in a fast-pace collaborative team environment.
What are the main functions of this role?
This ideal candidate will have relevant safety and industrial hygiene experience with strength in development and management of ergonomics and physical safety programs.
The candidate will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing assigned occupational health, safety programs and initiatives in a fast-paced engineering and manufacturing environment.
Timely support for multiple customers and projects on a daily basis is required.
Candidate should have strong communications, interpersonal skills to influence various groups including engineers, factory line employees and management.
Assigned EHS duties may include but not limited to:
• Manage and continuously improve assigned EHS programs such as but not limited to Ergonomics, IIPP, Contractor Safety, Training, Fall Protection, Machine Guarding, Powered Industrial Trucks, Hazard Communications, IH Sampling, IH Equipment Maintenance, ventilation and radiation programs
• Perform a variety of EHS related inspections
• Support and implement business unit and site injury reduction, environmental and sustainability goals and initiatives
• Support implementation of behavioral based safety program and initiatives
• Analysis of leading and lagging safety performance indicators for trends to drive corrective actions
• Serve as EHSS POC for assigned building and functional safety council
• Conduct first aid and OSHA injury investigations and root cause analysis and develop corrective actions and track to completion
• Lead projects to ensure promote health and safety of Raytheon employees and contractors.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of EHS strategic initiatives that drive continuous improvement
• Develop programs, processes and procedures to improve EHSS programs, culture for employees and contractors
• Support the improvement of business and site EHS communications plan
• Develop and deliver EHS training to affected employees and contractors
• May need to travel to support Enterprise and business initiatives
• Interpretation of OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI standards and regulations
• Participate in HazMat and Medical emergency response
• Knowledge and the application of Cal/OSHA regulations and ANSI Standards.
• Knowledge and the application of the principals of safety and industrial hygiene.
• Ability to accurately diagnose general and complex EHS issues related to Raytheon operations, determine appropriate or practical controls, and implement practical and effective solutions in a timely manner.
• Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects and programs in a fast-pace environment and demonstrate effective prioritization and implementation skills.
• Ability to provide clear, concise, and effective verbal communications.
• Well-developed written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, delegate, and follow-up on work flow in a team environment to meet departmental goals and objectives.
• Proven ability to use email, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project.
• Good understanding of database and use of other information gathering systems.
• Well-organized and have excellent attention to detail and thoroughness with accomplishing tasks from inception through completion in a multi-tasking environment
• Be flexible to accept additional assignments, campaigns and rotations to other EHS programs including environmental and sustainability Desired Skills:
• 3 years experience in ergonomics, general safety and industrial hygiene programs.
• OSHA 10-Hour Construction training.
• Experienced in developing and conducting creative EHSS training.
• Ability to handle potentially stressful situations
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, but will not hesitate to seek additional information from supervisors or peers so tasks can be completed timely and correctly
Years of Experience Required (if any): 1-2 years
Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, industrial hygiene, safety engineering, Environmental studies or related field.
Master's degree in occupational health, industrial hygiene or safety engineering preferred.
How will the contractor’s success be measured?
Feedback from customers and co-workers, completion of tasks on time and observations by supervisor.
Contractor will be collaborating with a team of EHS professionals as well as a network of EHS professionals across the company.
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC