PDS Tech Inc. is seeking candidates for a Service Bulletin Engineer position in Mobile, AL.
The Service Bulletin Engineer (Contract) will design new and revised service bulletins using engineering data, principles, and tools to deliver cost effective solutions that meet customer satisfaction in terms of safety, quality, and lead time.
- Responsible to produce or revise service bulletins in accordance with defined processes and procedures according to program and schedule requirements.
- Review impacted aircraft configurations fleet wide to determine the configuration requirements of the service bulletin.
- Analyze digital mockup (DMU), engineering drawings, other design documents, etc. to define the methodology, procedures required in the design of the service bulletin.
- Generate list of parts and materials derived from the engineering drawings.
- Define appropriate man-hours to complete service bulletin embodiment.
- Define figures, tables, and charts to be included in service bulletin. Support the service bulletin illustrators as required to ensure quality of illustrations included in service bulletin.
- Define work steps of the service bulletin and ensure the proper sequence of steps.
- Provide support as required to internal and external customers.
- Support Quality initiatives established by Service Bulletin group in order to decrease the number of Service Bulletin revisions and airline queries. Support process improvements, quality improvement initiatives, etc.
- Perform Quality checks on peer's work utilizing the service bulletin process, user guides, , etc.
- Perform Quality checks on external Subcontractors and ensure quality is maintained. Support the overall Quality plan in regards to external Subcontractors.
- Participate/lead open discussions regarding ways of working and on-going projects support/lead any ongoing improvement initiatives in line with business needs.
- Participate in service bulletin validations as required from SB validation managers.
- Coordinate with other departments on as needed basis.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Minimum three years in aircraft customer service field (Airline experience, MRO experience, Maintenance experience),
- 3 years of experience in configuration management, or five years experience in an engineering classification.
- Ability to read/write/speak English.
- Proficiency with G Suite.
- Team oriented - ability to work as a member of a team with other departments locally and internationally.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability and experience to lead multi-discipline projects.
- Knowledgeable with aircraft assembly sequences.
- Project management experience desired.
- Minimal type of CAD software experience is desired (preferably CATIA V5).
- Experience with various Company programs utilizing applicable design tools is desired.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience.