PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Senior Product Design Engineer, Glendale, AZ.
- Specific activities include review of data packages for compliance to materials and properties specifications, generation of contract deliverables such as Materials Identification and Usage Lists (MIUL’s), Materials and Process Control Plans, Corrosion Control Plans, Contamination Control Plans, PDR/CDR presentations, etc. Other activities include review and approval of engineering drawing changes and providing materials & process expertise for solving Production issues.
- The position will operate within a broader MatEng team working in partnership with experienced MPE engineers located at the Glendale and Clearwater facilities.
- The successful candidate should have a broad-based knowledge of materials and processes for Space and/or high-reliability hardware and will have the responsibility to ensure designs for assigned programs meet customer requirements.
- The individual will interact with both internal and external technical experts and function as the primary technical interface for materials and process-related issues for specific programs.
- The candidate will be supporting materials engineering tasks related to the design, manufacture and test of both electronic systems (guidance and navigation, displays, communication) and mechanical systems (reaction wheel assemblies, controlled moment gyros, pointing systems) for Defense, Space and Commercial Aerospace products.
- The successful candidate will also support technical team discussions, develop analytical test plans, review test reports for accuracy, generate/write technical reports and participate in / support failure analysis, develop and execute self-directed technical projects, and execute technical tasks with team members until completion.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry - other related engineering disciplines may be considered.
• 3+ years experience working directly in Materials and Process Engineering design and applications roles supporting high-reliability hardware.
• Direct experience in aerospace design and manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Direct experience with military/aerospace specifications is preferred.
• Direct experience with solder metallurgy, printed board assembly, cable and wire harness assembly, chemical processes (paint/plating), composites is preferred.
• Hands-on experience with polymers testing
• Strong focus on problem-solving
• Ability to work as both a team member and a task leader
• Ability to quickly assimilate new concepts and information
• Ability to multi-task work assignments
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
• Ability to self-correct problems and work independently with minimal work direction
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint