PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer in Syracuse, NY.
Responsible for basic quality services including:
• supplier evaluation and selection
• verification of special process sources
• part/product acceptance inspection planning and verification
• supplier manufacturing process and quality plan review
• defect root cause analysis and corrective action verification
• supplier oversight, including development and execution of credible Return-To-Green plans
• fostering positive working relationships with internal cross-functional teams and LM suppliers
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, or Supply Chain), or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
• Solid written & oral communication skills
• Ability to perform defect data trend analysis; ability to make rational, risk-based decisions
• Ability to perform root cause analysis
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities within a cross-functional team, as well as independently with suppliers
• Working familiarity with ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality Management Systems, including AS9102 First Article Inspection requirements.
• Ability to evaluate manufacturing process quality plan
• Working understanding of mechanical/electrical hardware and associated manufacturing processes and inspections
• Familiarity with SPC-based data analysis
• Familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma concepts
• Ability to read engineering drawings with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
• Experience with P2P (SAP) and EPDM systems