PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer, in Marion, MA.
Electrical Design Engineer to provide production support and design improvements for a complex high-powered multi-channel analog transmitter used in undersea acoustic sensors.
Responsibilities will include working with other engineers (Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Test, Manufacturing, and Quality).
• Experienced or desire to gain experience in troubleshooting analog/power hardware with some elements of digital hardware
• Familiarity with troubleshooting down to the component level to identify root cause, and fishbone analysis type troubleshooting techniques
• Expertise in reviewing test data and spotting trends suggesting anomalous performance
• Firm understanding of electronic parts, and fundamentals of electrical engineering theory
• Familiarity with spice modeling applications
• Desire to work closely with Program Office, Quality, manufacturing assemblers, test technicians, and field engineering to help drive product deliveries to the US Navy
• Skilled at working within a diverse team
• Capable of leading junior engineers in their day to day assignments
• Capable of communicating with a broad set of disciplines including manufacturing, quality, test, engineering, team leads, program management, and senior management
• Familiarity with test systems design, reviewing electrical and mechanical drawings for test systems and test cables
• Experienced or desire to become experienced in applications utilizing Test Stand and Labview
• Desire to create techniques and methods to drive process improvements, and drive workmanship errors/test defects to zero
• Familiarity with testing and driving product through ambient, vibration, and thermal test environments
• Demonstrated experience in the industry with
• Proficiency with electrical engineering design experience
• Proficiency in troubleshooting of electrical circuitry
• Proficiency in SPICE-based circuit simulation tools.
Must have the following experience:
• Power supply design
• Analog Circuit Card Assembly design and analysis
• Experience in mixed-signal design & A/D conversion, as well as MATLAB experience
Desired skills :
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
• Voltage regulation
• Power conditioning
• Designing electronics for acoustic sensors
• Acoustic systems analysis
• DC/DC conversion
• Sensing and control
• Candidates must have Interim Secret level clearance to Start