Aircraft Component Repair Technician II
Ready to take the next step in your career? Want to work for one of the best aviation companies in the country? PDS Tech is hiring RS Aircraft Component Repair Tech II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
· Job Title: RS Aircraft Component Repair Tech (Level 2)
· Job Type: Full-time (Contract)
· Schedule: First (Days)
· Location: Savannah, Ga. (Onsite)
· Pay Rate: $28.75 per hour.
· Under moderate supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies, and components in accordance with Repair Station requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Apply basic and some advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment as appropriate to the area of specialization.
· Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, and other authorized maintenance data. All activities are to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements, ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
· Set up, maintain, and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with requirements. documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
· Inspect all detailed parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals, and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
· Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components and locate and install/reinstall parts.
· Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices, including troubleshooting, soldering, and application of protective coatings.
· Maintain and utilize all required. paperwork in accordance with FAA RS requirements.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
· Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
· Lays out, removes, fabricates, and/or installs major and minor repairs to flight controls and other secondary structure components (e.g., honeycomb core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair techniques, test bench operations, hydraulic press operations, servicing carts).
· Fabricate and repair sheet metal and associated mechanical parts, components, and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting, or other mechanical means.
· Remove & install APUs and perform all required. APU maintenance for ALL company aircraft models.
· Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes, including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
· Utilize training and tools to effectively troubleshoot complex electrical circuits and or systems during the component repair process.
· Assist with training and instructing of Aircraft Component Repair I Techs.
· Resolves routine questions and problems, referring the more complex issues to higher levels.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Able to interpret blueprints, energy docs and use precision measuring tools.
· Proficient operation of all tools/equipment in the department, including glass bead & carbo blast machines.
· Must possess a basic understanding of shop math.
· 2 years experience in one of the following or other related experience: sheet metal, hydraulic overhaul, electrical/electronic harness buildup, electrical systems troubleshooting, battery servicing, APU removal, installation, and servicing.
· Must be able to work any shift as required.
· Basic mechanical aptitude required with the ability to use precision measuring equipment.
· Must be respirator certified after hiring and be able to stand for prolonged periods of time during the workday.
· Experience working with hydraulic components is preferred, along with troubleshooting and repairing mechanical components.
With growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package, the next step in your career is just a click away.
Together – we can make an impact! Apply today!
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC