PDS Tech Commercial Inc, is seeking a Project Engineer in Windsor Lock, CT. for an Aerospace Company:
*US CITIZENSHIP Required
Job Title: Project Engineer (Project Manager)
Job Type: Full time; contract
Location: Windsor Locks, CT 06096
Schedule: Monday to Friday; 8:00 AM-5:00 PM. ONSITE
Pay Rate: $48.25 per hour
Seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals to join us as EMU (or ‘Space Suit’) Project Engineers. You will need to combine project management skills with detailed technical intellect to lead Integrated Product Development Team projects that maintain and equip space suits for service on the International Space Station (ISS), and support ground training of astronauts for Extra-Vehicular Activities (EVAs) commonly known as spacewalks. This is an opportunity to work with a team of brilliant engineers working passionately to develop and maintain the world’s most advanced operational life support systems.
• Planning, proposing and executing space flight hardware projects.
• Controlling team activity, scope and schedule.
• Managing and controlling cost accounts
• Conducting project kickoff, design and status reviews
• Resolving design, procurement, assembly, test and delivery challenges
• Supporting engineering chief as requested
• Coordinating and leading multi-function teams, leading team meetings and driving action items to closure
• Initiating and coordinating engineering changes
• Conducting root cause investigations
This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written),technical experience, and the ability to work as a cross-functional team leader. Direct communication with customers, primarily NASA, will be required at times. You will manage projects that produce components which meet stringent operating requirements and provide extraordinarily high reliability.
• MUST HAVE A BA/BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering w/ 6+ years of experience.
• MA/MS in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineer or MBA degree w/ 5 + years of experience Experience/Qualifications You will need to bring:
• Project management skills
• Prior experience in related Engineering disciplines
• Willingness to learn and develop a detailed understanding of the life support components and processes that enable human survival and performance in space
• Relevant component hardware experience, which may include heat exchangers, pumps, fans, separators, motors, motor controllers, sensors, valves, pressure regulators, electronics, and environmental control hardware (e.g. thermal and humidity control, air revitalization, water reclamation etc.)
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and balance the priority of daily issues with longer term project requirements
• Superior interpersonal and influencing skills, including coaching and mentoring of other engineering and operations staff
• The ability to function as a team member, working professionally and respectfully with a diverse group of contributors • Natural presence and poise when presenting to internal and external customers including NASA Engineering and Management Teams
• Excellent attention to detail
• The highest level of integrity
• Experience with high reliability, safety critical and fault tolerant component and subsystem testing and qualification
• Ability to bring team members together and work problems to resolution
• An analytical mind to conduct failure evaluations, assess operational risks and provide rationale for corrective actions and continued mission operations
• Ability to conduct trade studies, develop product requirements, cost estimates and proposals
• Strong computer skills, MS Office/Project, SAP, Windchill. This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines.
The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC