Embedded Systems Engineer
PDS Tech Commercial Inc., is seeking candidates for an Embedded Systems Engineer in Indianapolis, IN.
Job Title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full time; Contract (12 months)
Work Site: Onsite - Indianapolis, IN
Pay Rate: $68.00 - 76.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Manages a team across specific functions within a larger mechanical or electrical system, often with real-time computing constraints and often embedded as part of a complete device often including hardware and mechanical parts.
We are seeking innovative, data-driven, results-oriented team members to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation and success.
You will have responsibility for the following in addition to ad hoc assignments as needed.
• Work closely with marketing and customers to define requirements for HVAC systems.
• Executing the role of a systems engineer in the product development processes
• Work closely with hardware, firmware, software, validation/reliability, and manufacturing engineering teams.
• Make decisions on tradeoffs in product design between hardware and firmware/software.
• Capture requirements, write specifications, and define test plans for system verification and validation.
• Actively participate in the project planning process (e.g., estimates for project plan tasks, resources, completion time, capital requirements, risks, expenses, etc.)
• Lead and participate in software DFMEAs
• Balance sustaining and new product development projects
• Document systems and functional requirements
• Help define the systems architecture for new products.
• Develop systems-level test cases/plans
• Participate in risk identification reviews
• Demonstrates the ability to work within a project team
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Responsible for the execution of multiple tasks simultaneously within the functional discipline
• Makes a significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
• Works with minimal guidance on projects with a long and short-term focus
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• BS/MS in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, or Controls Engineering
• Typically 16 + years of relevant experience
• 10+ years of systems engineering experience with embedded products.
• Experience in the use of IBM DOORS, JIRA/Confluence, or AZURE Dev Ops
• Experience with requirements capture/definition
• Experience with 8, 16, and 32 Microcontrollers
• Experience with various wireless protocols (Wi-Fi, BLE, Zigbee/CHIP, Zwave, etc.)
• Experience in DFMEAs
• Ability to provide systems leadership in a cross-competency environment
• Understanding of C and C++ programming languages
• Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
• Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
• Digital and analog electronic products
• Controls Systems/Algorithm Design experience (a plus)
• MATLAB/Simulink, LabView (a plus)
• HVAC Controls System Design experience (a plus)
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC