Set Sail on a Career of Innovation and Adventure! We're searching for a visionary Naval Architect who's ready to chart new waters and redefine maritime engineering. If you dream of designing cutting-edge vessels that navigate the world's oceans and waterways, we have an opportunity that will steer your career in an exciting direction. Join us as a Naval Architect and be at the helm of creating the next generation of maritime marvels!
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is recruiting for a Naval Architect in Manitowoc, WI.
Role Type: Direct Hire with Client
· Produce and review knowledge base sections and yacht construction specifications including vessel mission, performance and dimension parameters, hull and superstructure lines and 3D surface models, propulsor design and analysis, tank arrangement and capacity plans, stability, and weight control, classification, scantlings and structure for the hull and superstructure, construction fixtures, welding schedule, freeing port and bulwark details, rub rails and hull appendages, and special features for each project assigned.
· Review and approve all naval architecture work received from third-party marine engineering firms and vendors.
· Coordinate directly with contracted Naval Architecture and Engineering firms per project demands providing information and Project Management to assure compliance with standards and build processes.
· Convert or oversee the conversion of structural drawings into detailed drawings for the hull, superstructure, outfitting, and nested parts with an accurate Bill of Materials.
· Work with Supply Chain and vendors to manage nested part information.
· Oversee vessel handling including the development of plans and calculations for lifts, moves, rolling, blocking, and launches.
· Lead, coordinate, and submit pertinent information to regulatory bodies as required by each vessel with working knowledge of ABS, MCA, USCG/CFR, and Flag State rules and regulations. This includes securing required certificates including measurements, International Tonnage Certificates, MARPOL compliance, etc.
· Oversee the creation and updating of the weight monitoring program for each vessel.
· Create, manage, and report the status of the development of 3D modeling for structure and systems within the area of responsibility and master schedule.
· Exercise administrative judgment on a regular and continuous basis and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people and quality of service within the functional area.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are important as the Naval Architect must communicate positively and effectively with co-workers at all levels of the organization, contracted engineering partners, suppliers, and vendors.
· A Bachelor of Science degree in Naval Architecture is required.
· Minimum of 3 year’s experience in ship design and construction.
· Experience in motor yacht design requirements, shipyard new construction projects in aluminum or steel, and repair/refit projects preferred.
· Hull design and evaluation, structural detailing knowledge, weight monitoring processes, lofting, and NC nesting experience, knowledge of marine mechanical systems, and yacht construction specifications are all required.
· Desired software experience desired includes 2D and 3D CAD, ShipConstructor, and Rhino.
· Generally working in an office environment and at a desk with occasional light lifting required. Frequent visits to both the joiner facility and the shipyard are also required along with the ability to ascend/descend staircases while observing designs onboard projects.
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC