Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Design 7
PDS Tech Commercial Inc, is seeking candidates for a Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Design 7 in Everett, Washington.
Job Title: Mechanical / Mechanical Design 7
Job Type: Full time; Contract (12 months)
Location: Everett, WA 98204
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM (flexible 8 hour shifts)
Pay Rate: $Negotiable up to 85.00 hourly
A successful candidate will be the engineering representative and participate as a team member within a LAVATORY Integrated Project Team. The individual will be responsible for the engineering details of new customer introductions, new product development, and/or sustaining activities that include top level assembly creation in NX, supporting workflows in Teamcenter, publishing parts lists, peer review of models ensuring customer requirements are met, to serve as the overall engineering design focal for their program, ensure new designs meet cost, weight, and performance targets, and the troubleshooting of issues related to field data, manufacturing pickups, and engineering errors.
• Creation of top level LAVATORY assembly models in NX
• Creation of new detailed components and subassemblies
• Creation of new design options for new customer requirements and following these designs through purchasing, testing, and operations.
• Conduct and supporting internal design reviews
• Support customer meetings as technical focal
• Publish parts lists
• Conducting peer reviews of models and drawings
• Creating design solutions to support change requests
• Updating the weight matrix of their assigned programs
• Understanding new customer requirements and how they can be met
• Coordinates with the integrated product team as the engineering representative. Other disciplines within the team include electrical engineers, stress engineers, flammability engineering, purchasing, operations and program management.
• As requires the candidate will need to support manufacturing, operations, and testing as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering from accredited four-year college or university and 10+ years related experience and/or training in product design; or equivalent combination of education and experience in product design.
• Experience with Airbus single-aisle programs.
• Strong engineering skills including structures, mechanisms, systems, kinematics, free body diagrams
• Strong ability and proven track record of multitasking by owning several projects and running them simultaneously.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with ESL engineers.
• Must be able to research and investigate design solutions and work independently.
• Must have relevant 3D solid modeling and drafting experience. NX preferred; Catia, Solidworks or other CAD programs also acceptable.
• The ability to interpret 2D drawings including a good understanding of GD&T and perform tolerance stackups.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• NX (formally Unigraphics)
• Siemens Teamcenter
• Strong engineering skills including mechanisms, kinematics, kinetics, free body diagrams, and how stresses flow through a particular design.
• Experience with Airbus single-aisle programs. Must have relevant 3D solid modeling and drafting experience. NX preferred; Catia, Solidworks or other CAD programs also acceptable.
• Experience with commercial Aircraft LAVATORY monuments or other interior products
• Experience with Qualification Test Programs for Boeing & Airbus programs highly desired
• Ability to interact with high levels of internal and external management
• Able to make clear and concise customer presentations
• Experience with kaizen workshops or other lean activities
• Experience with updating or authoring standard work and processes
• Bachelor's degree in engineering from accredited four-year college or university AND 10+ years related experience and/or training in product design; or equivalent combination of education and experience in product design.
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC