CNC Programmer for an Aerospace client in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
***SIGN ON BONUS!!***
Interested and qualified? Please send resume to Bill Weaver at email@example.com for immediate consideration.
The position of CNC Programmer is responsible for NC Program design, turning research/customer requirements into technical programs with the use of NC programming software and proprietary design methods specific to Aerospace application. Provide support to all company operations as a manufacturing expert
Lead discussions with planning department to develop complete manufacturing plans of complex components and assemblies.
- Must research best practices and tools for each job, regardless of materials or scope of project. Use abilities to work with tooling vendors and shop personnel to reduce cycle times and increase quality.
- Draft and fully dimension drawings in Catia V5 for fixturing, shop aides, repair plans, etc.
- Create requests for information to send to customers as needed
- Program highly complex precision parts for VTLs, 5+ axis mills, multi-spindle machines and mill-turns in Catia V5. Mastercam experience is a plus.
- Must participate in root cause and corrective actions as an expert problem solver
- Must use Vericut machine simulation for every program generated with an expert level proficiency. Need to be able to fully define tools and setups without assistance.
- Must review all customer requirements to ensure CAD models and programs will produce compliant products
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in an Aerospace / Manufacturing or related industry
- Education: Two years Technical or Trade School with appropriate certification preferred.
- Read and comprehend programming instructions, technical manuals, procedure manuals, short correspondence, and memo
- Calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference, and volume
- Apply concepts of basic algebra, trigonometry, and geometry
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Problem solving ability with limited information available
- Must be highly proficient in Catia V5, Vericut and ICAM (post processing)
- Advanced knowledge of modern machining methods for aerospace alloys
- Knowledge of defining cutting tools, machine strategy, and cutting parameters etc.
- Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL PROTECTION REQUIREMENTS:
- Safety glasses required when in the manufacturing environment.
- Hearing protection as needed.
**FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SEND RESUME TO BILL WEAVER at firstname.lastname@example.org ***