PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Cabin Stress Engineer position in Mobile, AL
The Stress Engineer (Contract) will apply knowledge of engineering principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards to deliver high quality design engineering solutions while assuring procedural compliance within assigned engineering project teams.
- Plan, organize and prioritize work contents based on project deliverables.
- Perform detailed stress analysis of aircraft cabin or cargo components, by classical hand analysis as well as Finite Element methods, to support the structural design efforts of new and modified components from the conceptual phase to development and certification.
- Generate stress substantiation reports.
- Develop or review structural qualification plans in accordance with Company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve vendor drawings, stress reports, and test reports when delegated.
- Coordinate with design engineers, team lead, suppliers and technical management personnel to assure that the design meets or exceeds the project deliverables and complies with the regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate stress activities Company and Suppliers
- Participate in regularly scheduled design reviews, and is responsible to present stress findings and challenge design solutions.
- Develop research plans and participate in industry committees at company's request. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of Structural Mechanics in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, performance, cost of the company product.
- Compile and generate progress reports to convey deliverable objectives.
- Provide guidance to junior level stress engineers with regards to analysis methods, process or tools.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing work assignments.
Experience / Skills / Training:
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years in cabin or cargo compartment stress analysis.
- Experience in static (FE and free-body), fatigue and transient analysis, Nastran, Patran, MathCad. HyperMesh
- Exposure to FAA/EASA Aircraft regulatory requirements.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project PC tools
Education / Special Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree (B.S) in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering