PDS is looking for an Structural Design Engineer in Wichita, KS:
In your role, you will:
• Investigate design build issues and develop structural engineering and instrumentation installation solutions
• Author temporary engineering to resolve build issues in a timely manner
• Dispositioning aircraft non-conformances including rework instructions. (MRB)
• Perform aircraft and engineering drawing investigation and coordination with affected engineering disciplines, Quality Assurance and operations manufacturing representatives.
• Design Flight Test engineering change requests and coordinate with work package owners
• Author engineering to define structural special instructions or restrictions
• Design and Release Special Missions Engineering structural and systems installations.
As our ideal candidate,
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or a related discipline OR 10 years industry experience
• 10,000 hours on CATIA V5.
• Proficient in CATIA V5 Workbenches: Assembly Design, Part Design (Boolean Operations), Aerospace Sheetmetal, Tubing Design, Kinematics and Electrical Harness Routing are a plus.
• Experience in ENOVIA LCA is a plus.
• Experience in Teamcenter PLM is a plus.
• You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You must be a highly motivated, self-starter.
• You must have proficiency with MS Office tools, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. All other computer systems and software are a plus.
• Any aircraft or manufacturing experience is an asset.
• Experience in Special Missions or Aftermarket modifications is a plus.