PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer, in Baltimore, MD.
Mechanical Engineer will perform the structural design of metallic and composite structures for naval, launching systems, and missile systems projects across various platforms.
Tasks may include:
• Creating Design Concepts from scratch and leveraging prior successful work
• Maturing Design Concepts through layouts, details, assemblies, part and material selection through to final design models and drawings including collaboration with stress, dynamics, thermal, fluid & gas dynamics, RM&A, and Safety engineers
• Leading, organizing, and delegating to a team of engineers to accomplish a complex system or sub-system design through preliminary and critical design reviews, development and qualification testing, transition to production, and providing consulting to lifecycle support
• Design for Manufacturing including optimizing designs for in-house and supplier manufacturing capabilities and efficiencies, including additive manufacturing
• Creating highly manufacturable weldment designs and drawings with callouts in accordance with governing military specifications for weld joint design, weld efficiency, and inspection. Working knowledge of weld shrinkage effects, weldment fixturing, and types of welding processes desirable
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance. No clearance required to start.
- Knowledge of computer design tools, especially CREO, and experience working in a design for a manufacturing environment are desirable.
- Must have CREO Design Experience of 10+ Years, with recent experience.