PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking candidates for an HR Specialist position in Herndon, VA
The incumbent is responsible for providing high-level operational support in a fast-paced environment to the Head of Global Mobility, North America. The incumbent will have a professional demeanor with exceptional commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up. Individual must have the ability to handle confidential information while exercising sound judgment and discretion.
The incumbent will support the deployment and management of the Global Mobility Program and Projects within North America Global Mobility and has accountability for enabling international mobility in support of the Company's business worldwide including cost effective, compliant and practical mobility solutions linked to the talent strategy and objectives. Incumbent will support policy creation and implementation.
Global Mobility support: 50%
- Administer expatriate expenses reviewing/ approving per policy, and progressing through process.
- Administer home trips and vacations.
- Resolve expatriate queries.
- Schedule meetings with expatriates, HR stakeholders or providers.
- Create employee files or calculations in Global Mobility dedicated tools.
- Support project on mobility queries and expenses as well as different projects.
- Support immigration requests.
- Provide support on vendor invoices and follow up on their payment as well as cost reallocation to the different cost centers.
Project Management support for Global Mobility activities for North Americas: 10%
- For assigned projects, use Project Management methodology to support different Global Mobility projects.
- Projects will be within Reward, and could include policy and process development and harmonization within these areas.
- Position may support and/or lead projects.
- Provide support in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities, etc.
Manage Global Mobility policy and program guidelines for scope: 40%
- Following allocated scope of international assignments, ensure compliance with policy, legal, tax and local employment regulations. Including: life cycle assignee global mobility management from selection to repatriation in coordination with European counterpart with a focus to make the process as seamless as possible for the assignee.
- Provide global mobility-related expertise and consultation, in the areas of assignment and cost management, relocation, tax, immigration, to local and home office key stakeholders to ensure alignment with business and HR/Talent strategy, tax, and legal / compliance.
- Initiate immigration provider support, and oversee immigration/ visa process to ensure timely submission and processing of applications.
- Proactively communicate with employees, HR, business leaders and other relevant contacts regarding any immigration matters and decisions regarding their associates and the immigration program.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Business Management, Human Resources, or equivalent major is required.
- Prior relevant work/internship experience in a Human Resource, Global Mobility, Finance and/or corporate function is required.
- Prior relevant work/internship experience in Project Management is preferred.
- Prior relevant work/internship experience within the aviation industry is preferred.
- Experience living/ working in different countries is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to effectively interface with HR team and stakeholders.
- Organizational recognition and gravity.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and flexibility; highly adaptable.
- Ability to engage a diverse team to achieve a major business objective.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment effectively.
- A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
- Strong customer service focus.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Excellent PC skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.), G-Suite
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- This position requires the ability to work independently and also collaborate as a team member.
Reports directly to the HO Global Mobility North America
Direct Reports: Exempt: 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This person must be well-organized, a self-starter and able to function with little direction.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions.
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment.
- Carrying: able to carry documents and/or electronic equipment up to 20lbs/9kg.
- Lifting: able to lift documents and/or electronic equipment up to 20lbs/9kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at the computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.