Scope of this position includes:
- Implementing software defined radio (SDR) solutions for RF communication testing.
- Hands-on familiarity with common RF test equipment: Network analyzer, Spectrum analyzer, power meter. Test fixture calibration.
- Strong analog/RF fundamentals in impedance matching, cable loss, filtering, LNAs, power amplifiers, noise/linearity constraints, etc.
- Coding knowledge a strong plus (C/C++, python, Matlab)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will support the full Communication life cycle in support of a small communications engineering team.
- Including - trade studies, requirements development, design, integration and test, verification and validation.
Required skills & experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineer, physics or similar STEM discipline
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in similar capacity, ideally increasing in scope and responsibility.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience supporting RF projects.
- Experience supporting systems engineering teams.
- Hands on experience with SW engineering
- Experience using simulation and modeling tools.
- Previous hands on experience with: requirements definition, design, adhering to specs & stds, integration and test, and overall best practices.
All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined in the U.S. export control laws (22 CFR §120.15) and regulations to include: U.S. citizen, national, lawful permanent resident or individual admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.