|PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Laboratory Automation Engineer in Bothell, WA. |
- The Laboratory Automation Engineer will work on the automation development primarily for novel processes to support new products.
- Efforts may be both in an engineering lab and in a biology lab ensuring successful translation to the automated processes.
- The primary function of this position will be to develop, demonstrate, and thoroughly test the automation of cellular and molecular assay workflows using liquid handling systems.
- The role will work closely with product management, scientists, software, mechanical, electrical, and systems engineering groups.
- The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with development teams, facilitating transfer of lab protocols from product development into lab automation workflows, and driving data based decisions.
- The automation team is responsible work across scientific, engineering, and product management staff to support automation of liquid handling and other robotics to, provide ongoing sustainment support, and drive continuous improvement of these systems.
- Drive optimization of novel automated processes to improve efficiency, throughput, robustness and quality
- Champion transition of manual workflows onto automated liquid handlers
- Author, execute and document test plans for automated workflows
- Provide support for existing equipment and coordinate vendor support as required
- Monitor and evaluate new and emerging technologies in laboratory automation systems
- Able to collaborate with other engineering teams to incorporate both hardware and software engineering solutions to liquid handling and other automation platforms.
- Able to identify risk and provide recommendations for risk mitigation in area of responsibility and at project level.
- Design and execution of experiments to support process changes.
- Able to own assigned work, without needing oversight.
- Development of methods on automated liquid handlers
- Development and validation of pipetting technicalities to optimize accuracy, precision, speed, and ensure well-performing liquid handling of the assay(s) under development
- Supports product development process engineering needs.
- Be a technical and integration representative for engineering and product management on cross functional initiatives.
- Collaborate with scientific, bioinformatics, engineering, and product management teams to drive new and revised product development.
- Supports and troubleshoots processes and provides guidance on potential enhancements.
- Configure, program and troubleshoot laboratory automated platforms