The Manufacturing Engineer position is responsible for the efficient build of a high quality aircraft which includes but not limited to: configuration control, creation of planning, tooling (manufacturing aides), work sequencing and designing efficient build methods. Successful candidate must have a strong mechanical background with sheet metal (Structures), and aircraft production experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports work specific to detail parts manufacturing and assembly operations within a manufacturing environment.
- Develops documentation and procedures to ensure compliance specific to customer, and regulatory production requirements and specifications.
- Develops solutions for production problems relating to materials, manufacturing processes and/or the right tooling.
- Interprets engineering drawings to determine requirements meet objectives. Acts as liaison between Design Engineering, Tooling department, Quality, and Production.
- Provides technical support and assistance with the development and improvement of methods, quality product design, cost, and technical issues of a complex manner as required
- Plans and documents various installation processes, tooling, equipment and quality control methods to optimize the manufacturing operation.
- Ensures completed tasks have been performed and inspected in accordance with Corporate standards. Identifies and corrects assigned production and manufacturing issues.
- Prepares and updates planning. Assist with BOM identification and control. Prepares tool orders and verifies compliance.
Education, Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Must have a Bachelors’ degree (Technical) plus 2 years aviation experience
- Lean, 5S and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred, Six Sigma Training.
- Experience with process improvement and cost savings.
- Preferred, GD&T Training
- Preferred, Airframe & Powerplant license
- Preferred, Interiors experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and/or specifications requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Some experience utilizing tools such as SAP, CAD CAM, CATIA, Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Lotus Notes).
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of aircraft assembly, sequencing and manufacturing flow.
- Working knowledge of or exposure to Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Working knowledge of sheet metal related processes including (but not limited to): Metal Forming, Bending, Laser Cutting, Shearing, Stamping, Stretch Forming, Waterjet Cutting, and Basic Machining Operations
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.