PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Material Handler in Frederick, MD
How will you make an impact?
- You'll provide shipping, receiving, storage and order fulfillment services for finished goods, inventory, materials, supplies, parts and equipment at the assigned facility(s).
What will you do?
- Pick, pack, sort, arrange, count, store, and correctly process items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements
- Sustain a high level of quality to ensure customers receive correct product and in the time requested.
- Receive materials and/or finished goods daily.
- Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59-86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 - 23 degrees F).
- Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
- Satisfactorily complete training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires a minimum of 0-2 years related experience.
- Experience in logistics with a life science company preferred.
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules required.
- Must be able to operate powered industrial trucks and with the ability to operate the equipment at various heights.
- Need basic computer skills to navigate ERP systems, Outlook and shipping software in order to support the operation in its daily functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good communication skills and customer service skills required.
- Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules.
- Must be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance performance.
- Ability to receive and complete general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
- Equipment training will be provided through one-on-one instruction, on-the-job training (OJT), generated Standard Training Protocol (STP) and/or other training documentation.
- Warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59-86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 - 23 degrees F).
- Perform work of a highly repetitive nature.
- Will walk, stand, reach, and lift up to 50lbs on a continuous basis.
- Routinely push and pull up to 50lbs and regularly climb ladders.
- May occasionally sit, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- May handle packaged hazardous materials.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high -ear plugs will be provided if requested.
- Due to business needs, must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
- Occasional local travel may be required between the two facilities (2-3 miles and will be notified in advance)
- The physical demands described above are representative of those which are required to perform the essential functions of this position.