PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Technical Writer position in Philadelphia, PA
As contingent Technical Writer in the Digital Science business, you will collaborate with a Lead Technical Writer and extended development teams to produce high-quality user documentation to be delivered with the Company's software. You will work directly with a Lead Technical Writer on the project and follow our internal quality management system, using a variety of tools to create, revise, and review product user documentation. You will collaborate with extended team members to discuss, plan and execute the documentation work to support a variety of project deliverables.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to gather information.
- Create new and update existing content for product user documentation following the prescribed documentation standards and processes in place.
- Execute technical and editorial reviews on new and revised content.
- Assist in project management activities as necessary.
- Degree in Technical Communication, Computer Science, Chemistry or related field with an emphasis on technical documentation or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years as a technical author in a software development environment.
- Experience in writing instructional, training or presentation material in a scientific environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft® Windows® platforms.
- Knowledge of LIMS, SDMS, ELN, and LES.
- Understanding of cloud-based applications/services.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
Personal Skills Required
- Flexible and proactive with the ability to work in an environment of constant change.
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines, estimate work, and escalate issues as appropriate.