PDS is seeking candidates to fill a Systems Engineer position in Pleasanton, CA
How will you make an impact?
You will work in collaboration with engineers, scientists, and business professionals to develop new instruments, applications and reagents for the business of Human Identification. As a member of a cross-functional team, you will help design products from feasibility through product release. You will work on products from many different fields, such as DNA sequencing, Rapid DNA Analysis, qPCR and digital PCR.
The Engineering contractor will have responsibility for following leadership with focus to drive Division objectives as follows:
- Exercise judgement and experience in life sciences to understand customer needs and deliver products with high performance relative to those needs
- Partner with technical leads in chemistry, assay design, software design and system hardware to commercialize products
- Conduct/facilitate trades among the different technical disciplines to deliver optimized product performance
- Participate in data analysis and troubleshooting
- Ensure that decisions are data-driven, by designing experiments, analyzing data, and presenting results
Key experiences should include:
- Experience in the product development life cycle for biotechnological products
- Experience in developing and analyzing Capillary Electrophoresis products
- Experience with nucleic acid sample extraction, purification, preparation and characterization from a variety of biological sources.
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple programs/projects and priorities.
- Experience with hardware development (mechanics, optics, electronics)
How will you get here?
- BS degree in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, physics, or a related field
- BS+2 or more years experience developing life science instrumentation, consumables, and assays in an R&D setting, preferably in Human Identification
- Demonstrated ability to design, execute and present experiments
- Demonstrated success working in a global matrixed-environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships