PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Quality Inspector for our Ashburn VA location
To ensure compliance with quality controls and public, customer and supplier requirements in accordance with objectives and strategies. Also to review current Federal Aviation Administration regulations as well as FAA Orders to ascertain all FAA 8130-3 are correctly executed
- Perform initial assessments and periodic audits of supplier quality systems for the purpose of approving new suppliers and verifying continuing supplier conformance to quality system requirements
- Initiate recording of supplier claims and follow-up with supplier on corrective actions to ensure complete and effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation
- Act as liaison for the supplier and the company to resolve nonconformance and quality problems effectively by interacting and communicating both externally and internally with various levels of management of the supplier and the company
- Provide support and guidance to the Customer Service team on customer's claim and follow up with the Customer Service team to ensure correct handling and closure of the claim
- Oversee non-conforming material handling and disposition of material
- Provide support and guidance to the warehouse and shipping team on the incoming and outgoing quality assurance process
- Perform first time inspection of new suppliers
- Ensure that rejected goods from suppliers as well as returned goods from customers are handled according to the guidelines laid down; inform the Manager - Quality of deviations in connection with changes in quality requirements from customers, suppliers and authorities
- Maintain documentation in accordance with EN/AS 9120 / EN 9110 and other legislation
- Perform inspections and conduct surveillance of warehouse operations
- Identify and document conditions adverse to quality
- Inform Manager - Quality if there is any diversion in the requirement to the supplier, customer and authority regulation
- Reply to customer and supplier assessment evaluation forms with reference to Quality System
- Serve as alternate for the Manager - Quality when so assigned
- Maintain tidy conditions in own working area and any other areas for which the individual is responsible
- Assist the Manager - Quality to establish and implement the independent quality system with its administration to ensure that the activities carried out in the organization are in compliance with the applicable EN9110, AS/EN 9120, ISO 9001, FAA AC 00-56A and the regulatory requirements, relevant procedures and instructions that are called out by the approved documents.
- Assist with the coordination of Quality training activities whenever such activities occur - to ensure Quality personnel obtain and maintain appropriate acknowledgement.
- Work in backup capacity within the warehouse area by arrangement with the Manager Quality.
- Min two years' of aviation experience with at least one year in quality assurance function preferably with a background as aircraft mechanic or engineer.
- Well versed in airworthiness authorities' regulatory requirements, such as, FAR145, EASA145, CCAR145 and SAR145.
- Knowledge of AS9100/AS9120/ISO9001 quality system requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Technically knowledgeable and capable of grasping detailed engineering and quality concepts.
- Ability to analyze inspection findings, and determine best case analysis.
- PC literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to multi-task effectively.
- Inter-cultural understanding.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Ability to understand and read blueprints, schematics & Component Maintenance Manuals.
- Be familiar with aircraft sub-systems, components, associated equipment and technical documentation systems.
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes tools.
- Familiar with work-related routines under system.
- Familiar with SAP programs.
- 5% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to work under pressure and a high level of integrity and passionate in problem solving and drive for results.
- energetic approach to job duties and requirements.