Assembly & Test Technician - Level 2
PDS Tech Commercial Inc, is seeking candidates for an Assembly & Test Technician position in Rocky Mount, NC.
Job Title: Assembly & Test Technician
Job Type: Full time; Consultant (5 months)
Pay Rate: $ 22
Schedule: 2nd shift 3.30pm - Midnight
Performs standard testing processes on a variety of equipment and records and analyzes results.
• Use of precision tools, fixtures and measuring equipment to perform assembly, in-process inspections, calibration, and test of hydro-mechanical fuel controls in an aerospace production/quality environment.
• Follows all prescribed Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
• Performs work through the utilization of electronic work instructions, engineering and quality procedures, blueprints and other specifications.
• Reads, understands and works to Quality Procedures.
• Visually inspects parts and product for quality.
• Detects and reports faulty operation, defective tools and materials.
• Initiates action to prevent/correct product/process non-conformity.
• Maintain all required documentation and records accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintains work areas and tools according to Visual Management and 5S Standards.
• Must be able to work overtime, including weekends.
• Attend and actively participate in daily Tier meetings
• Participate in continuous improvement and rapid problem solving
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma
• Able to follow detailed assembly and test instructions consistently and interpret blueprints/drawings.
• Ability to use precision measuring devices such as micrometers, dial indicators, dial calipers and depth micrometers.
• Ability to work with hand tools of different types.
• Basic computer skills with ability to navigate internet and MS office.
• Intermediate math skills
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an assembly and/or test manufacturing environment
• North Carolina WorkKeys Career Readiness certificate, Silver or Gold preferred
• Six Sigma training or certification
• Associate’s degree
• Able to work and communicate well with others.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced aerospace production environment.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and solve issues at the lowest level.
• Knowledge and demonstrated adherence to 5-S principles
• Have led or actively participated in an continuous improvement manufacturing activity
Requires knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment.
Requires an associate's degree and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks. Works under direct supervision.
A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Typically reports to a supervisor. Special Considerations: Lifting will exceed 30 Lbs. and/or repetitions of this or lesser weights will be significant. Exposure to substantial machine, chemical, biological or other physical risks are anticipated.
Lifting will exceed 30 Lbs. and/or repetitions of this or lesser weights will be significant.
Exposure to substantial machine, chemical, biological or other physical risks are anticipated.
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2023 ContractJobHunter.com LLC