Static Structural UM (23&25)
|• DER/UM-related duties missing; ensuring that the proposed design is certifiable, coordinating with the FAA, resolution of certification issues, determination of the certification basis, writing the certification plan, witnessing certification testing, find compliance.|
• Assists in preparation of engineering drawings, reports and other documents. Coordinates with direct and indirect customers and suppliers to determine system requirements and resolve problems. Work with various groups within Product Engineering to develop test procedures and pass/fail criteria.
• Assist with material selection, configuration and sizing for new airframe structures as well as providing production and field support for existing aircraft.
• Production and field support will include the design evaluations, ensuring that all aircraft meet fatigue, strength, and stability requirements.
• Work alongside other organizations from engineering, customer service, ISC, flight test, and airworthiness to support a broad range of projects by providing your technical expertise.
• Perform advanced structural analysis using a range of mathematical, testing, and computational methods.
• Support FAA and foreign authorities in technical discussions on certification issues.
• Involvement in root cause analysis of complex failures to improve aircraft reliability. Including support of accident investigations.
• Keep detailed Stress Notes on design changes and production non-conformances
• Participate in the development and improvement of the team’s processes and tools.