THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Engineering Specialist, Fire Control – Tracked Combat Vehicles
Be a part of a fortune 500 Combat Systems group and a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. Our client has a 70 year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies. Their employees are dedicated to making the Company the World’s preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems.
If you take pride in your work, want a challenge that inspires your best ideas, and enjoy being part of a winning team, this is the place for you.
Engineering Specialist, Fire Control – Tracked Combat Vehicles
(U.S. Citizenship Required*)
Sterling Heights, MI
• Design circuit cards and/or electronics.
• Support concept to production including architecture analysis, trade studies, requirements analysis, engineering reviews, design, test, and qualification.
• Component selection, procurement, and oversight of hardware build.
• Create circuit board specifications, ICD's, and test plans.
• Review and develop hardware and software requirement documents and test plans.
• Design utilizing high and low speed digital communications standards such as: EIA-232, EIA-422/485, VME, CAN, Gigabit/10 Gig Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP, UDP, GigEVision, and Ethernet.
• Design, develop, and test electronics, components, and subsystems in support of integration of thermal imaging systems, cameras, lasers, radar, direct view optics, and stabilized control systems.
• Support the integration & testing of electrical control devices and sights and sensors on the various vehicle platforms.
• Work with other members of the engineering staff to ensure the product meets its requirements.
• Prepare and present written reports, status reports, and presentations as necessary.
• Provide technical support and communication to the program office, customers, and other departments.
• Required – able to obtain secret clearance.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Analog and Digital Circuit Design, including PCB design.
• Experience with Microcontrollers.
• Design of high and low speed digital communications design using EIA-232, EIA-422/485, VME, CAN, Gigabit/10 Gig Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP, UDP, GigEVision, and Ethernet AVB.
• Experience with Analog and Digital Video Circuits (RS-170, HD-SDI, LVDS, DVI, DisplayPort).
• Experience with video distribution techniques preferred.
• Familiarity with Military Standards and test requirements.
• Ability to use engineering development and Tools.
• Capable of Obtaining a Security Clearance preferred.
• Occasional overtime, and weekend hours may be required to complete critical tasks.
• Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
• Strong Multi-tasking skills.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of applicable experience.
• Other technical degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunities to not only find a job but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Join a team that values your experience!
Sterling Heights, MI
Based on experience
MOSELEY TECHNICAL SERVICES INC
7500 S MEMORIAL PKWY STE 215-R
HUNTSVILLE, AL 35802