PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Ancillary Equipment Design Engineer in Mobile, AL.
- Full-time Contract Engineer who will be responsible for developing solutions to a variety of complex engineering problems, requiring judgment and ingenuity within a Cross-Program perimeter for all programs.
- General responsibilities include: cabin installation definition, equipment steering, new part specifications, supplier/RSP management, etc.
- Design Activities: Detailed Design (3D/2D), Ensure that requested fleet requirements can be met while maintaining safety and function of components, equipment steering, Ground Test Request creation and release, coordinating installation locations of components with monument engineers, drawing review and release activities.
- Technical Documentation Management Initial codification of new parts, creating and managing Customized Technical Requirements as required, Fleet Coordination Documents, Technical Repercussion Sheet (TRS) review/approval, Drawing Reviews, MOD Closure Reviews, Technical Notes/Memos, etc.
- New Part Integration: Baby bassinets, customer logos, folding tables, magazine racks, literature pockets, wheelchairs, etc.
- Support to Core Engineering concerning qualification of new parts (codification, technical specification writing and review, etc.)
- Continued Airworthiness: Investigations & Risk Analyses to support In-Service Occurrences upon request.
- FAL Installation: Investigations and processing of nonconformities within design.
- Risk Sharing Partner Support: Providing coordination information, relevant modifications, review of drawings and 3D environment, clarifying open design points, etc.
- Represent the cross-functional Multi-Functional Team on relevant and recurring engineering risks and opportunities.
- Quality Support for production, manufacturing and installation activities.
- Analyze Customer Change Requests (CR) and Requests for Change (RFC) based on customer, manufacturing and/or design requirements.
- A330 & A380 Product Structure and Configuration Management for initial design.
- Use the tool CCD to review Layout drawings for correct component locations for A320.
- Interface management with other cabin interdependencies.
- Develop solutions to handle complex tasks for which existing methods and procedures may not apply.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience is required, aviation industry experience preferred.
- Must have good multitasking skills to ensure that multiple project objectives are completed on time and on quality simultaneously.
- Must be able to quickly identify when escalation is appropriate and escalate if necessary.
- Must have the ability to be self-directed and work in diverse teams.
- Must have Excellent communication and organizational skills are needed, with ability to plan and hold effective meetings.
- Must have strong capability in MS Office Products and have the ability to learn new tool sets as required.
- Experience working in international teams and/or with aircraft cabin engineering Process, Methods, and Tools is preferred.
- CATIA V5 R21/Enovia VPM.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S) from a four year college or university in engineering or equivalent education and experience.