Summary: This position involves the design/modification of tooling and peculiar ground support equipment (GSE) required for VH-92 / S-92 aircraft maintenance, and the validation / 'fit check' of each designed/modified item. In addition to design work, this position will also involve support of the logistical requirements associated with all design work and contract requirements, as well as sustainment support throughout the duration of the contract.
The following outline the normal scope of work associated with this position:
- Coordinate with VH-92 GSE IPT Lead to support all GSE engineering related requirements.
- Design support of new peculiar support equipment (PSE)
- Support Engineering change proposals (ECPs)
- Support all drawing updates requirements/revision control for existing GSE
- Validate newly designed GSE
- Evaluate COTS items from our suppliers as needed.
- Must be able to work with CATIA V5. MatrixOne knowledge is desired. Cadra and Catia V4 knowledge is beneficial.
- A practical knowledge of and experience with maintenance tools (e.g. aircraft and/or auto repairs)
- A working knowledge of statics and dynamics (Mechanical Engineering)
- A general understanding of material strengths and properties
- Electrical/hydraulic design capabilities are beneficial.